Yes….really….Season 1 & 2 of the BAFTA award winning Game of Thrones TV show (dubbed to get bigger than Lord of the Rings) was actually filmed here ‘on location’ in the medieval 16th Century courtyard of our activity centre and in the surrounding estate at Castle Ward Demesne Northern Ireland.
Many of the Game of Thrones pivotal scenes filmed onsite included: 'Winterfell', ‘King Roberts Arrival’, 'Bran falls from Winterfell Castle', ‘The Twins’, ‘Ned’s Picnic’, 'Baelor Battlefield', 'Brienne Confronts the Stark men', 'Robb's Camp', 'Lannister Camp' and so on.
- Robb's Trail (allow approx. 1 1/4 hours)
- Tywin's Trail (allow approx. 2 1/4 hours)
- ‘Medieval Scroll’ Game of Thrones Filming Locations map (you can keep this as a memento!) – plus some supporting images and text for each filming location
- Cape of The North costumes
- Game of Thrones Stark Family 'LARP swords'
NOTE: This Game of Thrones filming locations experience is independently operated by Clearsky Activity Centre. They are not sponsored, endorsed, or affiliated with HBO or anyone associated with 'Game of Thrones'
Game of Thrones Northern Ireland | Game of Thrones filming locations | Game of Thrones tour Ireland | Game of Thrones Tours Northern Ireland